Please contact Mrs. de Langen at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Mark Your Calendars:
Refer to the October 2017 Parent Calender for important events coming up – Attached
Halloween Alternative Events Attached!
Please Read Carefully – King’s Elementary School Volunteer Guidelines Attached
Picture Retake Day
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 8:15am. If you missed individual school pictures this is your make-up day with KIDS Photography.
Meals of Love Totals as of October 19: 10,826 meals
School Faith Goal by November 3, 2017: 20,000 meals
King’s Family Series
Angst: Breaking the Stigma Around Anxiety
2 shows: 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
– Helper needed: The SCRIP program is looking for at least one helper to assist with filling orders, etc. If you are available on Monday and Thursday mornings for a bit please contact Val at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Gift giving/Stocking stuffers: Starting Saturday, October 21, we will have a limited number of special small denomination gift cards available, perfect for stocking stuffers and holiday gift-giving! These cards will only be available while supplies last, so don’t wait to place your orders.
– SCRIP Agreement Forms: If you have not turned in a current year SCRIP Agreement form your account is inactive. Once we receive your form we can activate your account.
Order Your King’s Wear Today!
You can access the sideline store any time through at: www.kingsschools.org.
All are welcome to join in the prayer group on Monday mornings at 8:30am in the library research room in the intermediate building, led by Danelle Williams. Drop ins are welcome if you cannot make every Wednesday. Please sign in at the office upon arrival.
Parents are Welcome to attend KIDS Praise!
Parents are always welcome to attend KIDS Praise on Friday mornings! We would love to have you join us as we build community. Check the monthly Parent Calendar for schedule.
King’s Elementary Lunch Program
You need to go to www.myschoolbucks.com to set up your lunch account for your student. Hot Lunch $4.50 Milk $0.75
King’s has a free online carpool-matching tool available for parents at CarpooltoSchool.com. This enables families to search for and connect with carpool partners, and manage their carpool schedule in a secure online environment. Only families who choose to participate in the program will appear in the carpool database. Access requests will only be granted to families enrolled at King’s, so families are assured that they are connecting with other school families. Please read and review the Carpool Maps. If parents follow the plan, carpool runs smoothly. All students are enrolled in King’s Kids Club. Carpool students not picked up by 3:00 p.m. will be signed into KKC.
Carpool – Grades 1-6
Thank you for following our guidelines.
Keep It Moving!
- Pull Fully Forward – No Gaps.
- Students need to be ready to exit car immediately in AM
- Parents should not get out of the car.
- Shoreline Police have stated that there must be two-way traffic on Dayton Ave N. Shoulder line up off the road is acceptable.
- Please use the carpool lanes. Do not line up or park on side streets or on the east side of Dayton.
Carpool – Grade K
Thank you for following our guidelines.
Keep It Moving!
- Do not line up on crosswalk, Shoreline Police will ticket you.
- Two way traffic flow is a must.
- Please use the shoulder to line up on 195th.
- Turn RIGHT at stop sign for exiting from the drop-off and pickup areas.
When you are emailing the office, please be sure to email both Mrs. de Langen at email@example.com and Miss Soriano at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any change in student pick-up at the end of the day needs to go through the office. This is the only way to be sure your student gets the message. If you send an email to the teacher, he/she may not be available to respond due to teaching students. Please Call Mrs. de Langen or Miss Soriano at 206-546-7258.
DECA High School Students Partnering with Local Businesses
DECA is hosting a Holiday Trade Show on Tuesday November 14, from 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the King’s Garden Gym. They have done trade shows in the past with between 1,500 and 2,000 people walking through and looking at their booths. DECA students are working together to either create a booth or partner with a local business. If you have a small business and would be interested in partnering with a student to sell their product, there are three options for how a small business could contribute:
- Option 1: The business could donate items which a student would sell with all proceeds benefiting our DECA program.
- Option 2: The business could offer items on consignment in which a student would sell for the business. We would pay the cost value with all profits going to support King’s DECA.
- Option 3: The business could set up a booth and sell the items themselves. They keep all the funds earned. This option has a $100 booth donation which must be received upon commitment of doing a booth. Donations must be payable to King’s Schools.
For more information please contact Cristina Cavero at email@example.com or 206-724-3662.
As winter approaches you might want to check out our KING5 WeatherBug Station that is located on top of our intermediate building. Just click on the link and see the southern sky which includes a peek at the CRISTA Administrative Building and the CRISTA Media Radio Tower. Current school conditions and the forecast are included on the website. King’s Elementary has been a member of the WeatherBug Network for many years. We were one of the first reporting stations that included a camera in Western Washington.
You can also see our school listed on the bottom of your television screen while the King5 News is on throughout the day and evening! http://legacy.weather.weatherbug.com/weather-safety/online-weather-center/OnlineWeatherCenter.aspx?aid=4922
Medication at School
During the course of the school year, your child may need to take medication at school. A “Permission to Administer Medication Form” must be completed with a physician and parent signature. All medications, OVER-THE-COUNTER and PRESCRIPTION, require a completed form and must be in their original containers. Prescription medications, including inhalers must have a prescription label. Please label OVER-THE-COUNTER medications with your student’s first and last name. Forms are available in school office or on Parents Web.
Annual Magazine Renewal and New Subscription Event
If you would like to renew or subscribe to new magazines for the coming year, we are once again offering an online portal for your convenience. A portion of each order will go to our school and be used for curriculum enrichment at the elementary. Just go to the website below for a list of selections.
Go to: http://www.gaschoolstore.com/landing.aspx?SID=2530749. The website is available 365 days a year for your convenience! If you have any questions, please contact the school office and Mr. Kelly will provide assistance.
Special Note: When you arrive at the website it will ask you to enter your email and student’s name. Since we are not participating in any goal setting or prizes this year, go straight to the SHOPNOW button. Thank you!
King’s Kids Club
King’s Kids Club (KKC) is our before and after school care program. Before school care is from 7:00 a.m. – 8:05 a.m. and after school care is from the end of the school day to 6:00 p.m. KKC follows the school calendar.