Please contact Principal Jessica Scanzon at email@example.com if you have any questions.
We had a very busy week here at the preschool. We were able to take some amazing class pictures with our friends on Monday. Each classroom did a wonderful job along with our amazing photographer! We also had a special performance on Wednesday with the wonderful mother daughter team of Puppets Please. They are an amazing duo who create all their own marionette puppets. All of our students and staff had a great time watching the puppets in action.
Our classrooms continue to focus on animals. Many classrooms are focusing on the different habitats and what animals reside in those habitats. Our half day class is even getting “visits” around the world from their companion Albert Travelton. He continues to talk to them about different places around the world but also talks about the animals in each area as well.
Mrs. Gopen talked about how good friends can help us make good choices.
Mrs. Henderson taught about fire safety this week. She taught them the steps of Stop, Drop, and Roll. They also talked about earthquake safety and sharp tools safety.
Mrs. Estes’ Spanish class learned the words for things around the garden. Not only that but they also talked about the parts of a plant!
Mrs. Helleren’s class is continuing to work on their globes. The students dove right in with painting their paper Mache globes blue and green.
- Silent Auction – Monday April 30th, 2018 – Friday May 11th, 2018
- Pre-K Field Trip to the Imagine Children’s Museum – Friday May 18th, 2018 @ 8:45 a.m.
- Memorial Day Holiday – Friday, May 25th – Monday 28th, 2018
- Silent Auction – We will be having a silent auction take place starting Monday April 30th – Friday May 11th. Not only will we have items to bid on but we will also have DVDs of the Christmas Concert for sale on behalf of our Parent Support Team to raise funds for our teacher appreciation, please see flyer attached for details!
- Pre-K Families – Please sign the permission slip for your child to go on our field trip in May. The folder is located next to the sign in sheet. If you would like to volunteer on our field trip, we have packets available for you to fill out.
- Half Day Pre-K Families – Your permission slips are in a folder with Mrs. Green. She will be connecting with you to get those filled out.
We are seeking a new team member to our CRISTA fundraising team that will help us connect with families and fans of the school. This position will work closely with King’s leadership and King’s supporters to enrich and grow the school. We are open to flexible hours to accommodate existing King’s families. Read more about the job at www.crista.org/employment. Or, feel free to reach out to Jason Dick with any questions (206) 546-7552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Playground Supervisor at King’s Elementary – Are you interested in joining our playground supervision team for the remainder of this school year? The hours are 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. For details, please contact Mr. Kelly at email@example.com or 206-546-7258.
Café Barista – A warm, fun and energetic opportunity awaits for someone who has the gift of hospitality! Cristwood Park is looking for a Café Barista. This is a wonderful ministry opportunity with pay! The hourly rate being between $13-$14/hr. depending on experience. The hours are flexible between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Mon-Sat and will average 12-15 hours per week. The main duties include preparing coffee drinks and serving food to seniors, guest and staff at our independent living community. Find out more online at www.crista.org/employment.
Find out about these and other job opportunities at CRISTA at www.crista.org/employment.
Scholastic Information – Please check those flyers for some great deals on books. The due date for books will be Friday, April 27th.
How to order online:
- Sign in.
Have an account? Scholastic.com/bookclubs
New to Book Clubs? Scholastic.com/newparent
- Connect to our school.
Enter in our Class Code RR6BM
Or return the paper order form to me with a check payable to Scholastic Book Clubs. Books ship FREE directly to our school. Plus every order helps our school earn FREE books!