Please contact Judy Kelly at email@example.com if you have any questions.
A Reminder About Final Exams
The end of school is right around the corner and final exams are on Wednesday, June 13th, Thursday, June 14th and Friday, June 15th. School is out for the summer at 12:30 on the 15th! Final exams need to be taken on the day and time scheduled. Students are not permitted to take early or late finals except in cases of illness or exceptional circumstances. Exceptions must be pre-approved by the principal. Family vacations do not constitute exceptional circumstances. Non-approved absences result in a “0” grade on the final exam. During final exams, students are required to be in classes like regular school days and the regular school attendance policy will apply to all absences.
KHS Spring Musical: Peter Pan
King’s High School is proud to present, Peter Pan the Musical, at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 31, Friday, June 1 and Saturday, June 2nd and on Sunday, June 3rd at 3:00 p.m. in Schirmer Auditorium. Tickets are going fast and can be purchased through brownpapertickets.com. For more information contact Mary Hudon, Performing Arts Coordinator at 206-713-9481.
National Mental Health Month: MIND Yo’ HEALTH
May is National Mental Health Month! Throughout the month students will have many opportunities to participate in healthy, mental health boosting activities. We’re calling the campaign MIND Yo’ HEALTH. Each week will have a theme and focus, giving students healthy ways to support their mental health.
- This Week: This week’s focus is INTERACTION. Did you know isolation from other people is one of the most telling red flags when your mental health is needing attention? Most people probably do know that fact so now, flip it! Having quality, positive interactions with others can help boost your mental health and keep you attuned to the world around you. This week we focused on interactions with friends and interactions with family. Both are essential in building positive self-esteem, good communication, empathy, and overall happier feelings. In a survey King’s students took as a school 70% of them said they believe their friends know the “real you.” That’s a great percentage but we encouraged the students to make that number higher. We reminded them that the way we begin to feel known is to open up, be vulnerable, and interact with each other face to face.
- Family Challenge: Take a few minutes as a family this weekend to assess if the primary interactions happening in your home are positive or negative. Allow every person in the family to voice their opinion. Listen to each other and then come up with ideas of how to increase positive interactions. Make a plan to have fun together on a regular basis!
Art Show Next Tuesday
Art pieces from our classes will be on display all day Tuesday in the student lounge. You are welcome to come and enjoy pottery, drawing and painting, cultural arts with boiled wool and basketry, photography and graphic design. The art will be on display from 7:30 to 3:15.
Save the Date!
King’s High School’s annual Awards Night is planned for Tuesday, June 5th at 7:00 p.m. in Schirmer Auditorium. Our awards evening will recognize the accomplishments of many students in academics, music, fine and performing arts, and athletics and will include other special honors as well. Everyone is welcome so please, save the date!
All sports team pictures, as well as the yearbook portraits for the Class of 2018 and Homecoming pictures, taken by Becca Howell Photography this year, are still available to order through her website. The following is a list of all online galleries, including passwords, for ordering. Contact Becca if you have any questions or if you need assistance at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Class of 2018 Yearbook Portraits – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-Senior-Yearbook-Portraits/G00007J5to71wz14 Password: khsseniors1718
- Homecoming – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-High-School-Homecoming/G0000p.gxW_J2eqA Password: khshomecoming1718
- Track – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-Track/G0000y89E3bZHJV8 Password: khstrack1718
- Tennis – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-Tennis/G0000OSYAjQAemAw Password: khstennis1718
- Volleyball – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-High-School-Volleyball/G0000pcjZBmag._g Password: khsvolleyball1718
- Girls Soccer – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-High-School-Girls-Soccer/G0000qsWrtRJtXdM Password: khssoccer1718
- Boys Soccer – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-Boys-Soccer/G0000OKoMo.jDt_o Password: khssoccer1718
- Girls Basketball – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-High-School-Girls-Basketball/G0000g7xje1OSj00 Password: khsbasketball1718
- Boys Basketball – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-High-School-Boys-Basketball/G0000MJtIJAOgCkQ Password: khsbasketball1718
- Football – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-High-School-Football/G0000WmP1DtHqZLE Password: khsfootball1718
- Cheer – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-High-School-Cheer/G0000h9UkAUR5Tak Password: khscheer1718
- Baseball – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-High-School-Baseball/G0000u.BwppbE1k0 Password: khsbaseball1718
- Boys & Girls Golf – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-High-School-Baseball/G0000u.BwppbE1k0 Password: khsgolf1718
- Cross Country – https://www.beccahowell.com/gallery/2017-18-Kings-Cross-Country/G0000Iuenu6n0P7g Password: khsxc1718
Hannah Carrithers and Cristina Cavero are starting a business for their DECA project next year. In order to get started, they are asking for gently used brand-name clothing, jewelry, accessories, and shoes donations. They can be dropped off in the high school office during school hours or you can contact Cristina or Hannah to find a location that better suits you. If you have any questions please email Cristina Cavero at email@example.com, (206) 724-3662 or Hannah Carrithers at firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 910-4425