Please contact Mrs. de Langen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Mark Your Calendars:
June 4 at 6:30 pm – Please save the date to meet our 2 new Elementary Associate Principals!
Refer to the June 2018 Parent Calendar for important upcoming events – Attached
June 2018 Lunch Menu – Attached
Wednesday, June 13, 2018. King’s Elementary Hooray Day is an event for teachers and students only. Note carefully the separate schedule (attached), for attendance and parking requirements for K-3 and Grades 4-6!
Meals of Love Update
The 20,000 Meals of Love that King’s Elementary packed on November 3rd have now arrived in Lilongwe, Malawi. “We so appreciate our partnership with King’s Schools!” Children of the Nations
Seattle Opera at King’s Elementary
On Tuesday, May 29 members from the Seattle Opera presented the opera, The Three Feathers for our students. Students were able to ask questions after the presentation. It was an amazing experience!
High School DECA Project
Hannah Carrithers and Cristina Cavero are starting a business for their DECA project next year. In order to get started, they are asking for gently used brand-name clothing, jewelry, accessories, and shoes donations. They can be dropped off in the high school office during school hours or you can contact Cristina or Hannah to find a location that better suits you. If you have any questions please email Cristina Cavero at email@example.com or call (206) 724-3662 or Hannah Carrithers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 910-4425.
School Supplies 2018-2019 – See Attached
School Supply Kits for next year will be available to order starting Monday, May 14, 2018! Order online and avoid rushing from store to store looking for supplies! See attached flier!
School Supply List 2018-2019 Attached!
Medication in the Office
If your child has prescription medicine, Tylenol, inhalers or any other medication in the office, please remember to pick them up on or before the last day of school, June 16. Thank you!
Local Choirs – Auditions
- Northwest Boys Choir – Boys in 1st – 4th Grade: nwboychoir.org / 206-524-3234
- Vocalpoint! Seattle – Girls entering 7th – 8th Grade: vocalpointseattle.org / 206-524-3234
King’s Elementary Student Dress Code
King’s Schools has determined that the following guidelines for dress apply at school and at King’s related activities unless otherwise stated:
- Tops need to cover the midriff, the back, and should not be low cut.
- Clothing should not be sheer or excessively tight.
- Skirts without leggings or shorts need to be no more than 5 inches from the middle of the knee.
- Tank tops must cover the majority of the shoulder and side. No spaghetti straps, open backs or open-sided tanks.
- Caps/hats are not to be worn inside the buildings or KIDS Praise by either girls or boys.
- Elementary students may not wear flip-flops or shoes without backs.
Catch the current weather conditions at school by using the link below. The data is provided by the weather station that is located atop the elementary intermediate building.
Go to: https://owc.enterprise.earthnetworks.com/OnlineWeatherCenter.aspx?aid=4922