Please contact Theresa Cline at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Save the Date!
Wednesday evening, September 19th is our first term “PIN” (Parent Information Night). The evening will begin at 7:00 p.m. in Schirmer Auditorium with some important announcements.
12th King’ Cross Country Invitational
This Saturday, September 22nd at 12:00pm at WOOLSEY STADIUM. Come and see the grit and determination in person!
Learning Commons is offering an after school study hall
This year, the Learning Commons will be open after school until 5pm, Monday-Thursday. The space will be staffed by teachers who will supervise a study hall learning environment with homework support. For more about the Learning Commons, please have your student show you the Learning Commons Web Site, or contact Mrs. Parnell.
Attention Freshmen Parents!
Do you have questions about what is happening at Kings High School? Please join our Principal, Bob Ruhlman, and other high school administrators, for a special freshmen parent Principal’s Coffee on Tuesday, September 25th at 8:30 a.m. in the new Learning Commons. All parents of freshmen are welcome to attend this informal event. We look forward to seeing you then!
Traffic Flow Procedures
The traffic flow procedures are going extremely well! As a reminder, please let kids out after the circle, on the high school side of the Ave so they aren’t crossing the Ave with cars traveling in both directions. Remember it is a right turn only on Fremont and 195th onto campus is ONE WAY ONLY – NO exit onto 195th. The cell phone lane is working out great at pick up!
Fall Focus Day is October 10th
Wednesday, October 10th is Fall Focus Day for all high school students. During this half day each class will engage in activities that focus on preparing for college life and beyond. Many more details will be provided in the coming days. Please add this date to your calendar, as we view this as an important event for every student. Attendance will be taken at every grade level event.
- Freshmen will be visiting Seattle Pacific University. Our goal is to help students begin looking beyond 9th grade and to encourage them to develop strengths and passions that will help them find the best fit college. Each student will need a signed permission slip and a sack lunch on that day.
- Sophomores will be heading to classrooms to take the Kaplan ½ & ½ exam. This test serves as a great practice for both the SAT and ACT and students will have access to their scores that same day! All students need to arrive to testing WITH their Surface in their backpack. Classroom assignments will be emailed home prior to testing.
- Juniors will also be in classrooms to take the PSAT. Classroom assignments will be emailed home prior to testing.
- Seniors will spend the morning rotating between three life skills seminars.
Fall Focus Day Schedule
8:10-12:30 Fall Focus Day
12:30 Half Day Dismissal
Announcing Kaleidoscope, the first informal school dance of the school year!
The dance will be held on Saturday, 9/22 from 6:30 pm – 10 pm at King’s High School. Tickets will be sold in the High School Lounge during lunch. There will be games, fun snacks, and dancing!
Parking: King’s Ave for parent drop off, King’s Garden and Seniors will be allowed in the Senior lot. We encourage friends and families to carpool!
Theme: “Let’s Get Wild!” Dress as your favorite animal or a zookeeper.
Price: $20 per ticket
Just a reminder that dress code still applies, this is a King’s event. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
Also, the week leading up to Kaleidoscope will be a SPIRIT WEEK! Remind your kids to dress up, here are the spirit days:
- Monday: Morning Monday! (pajamas)
- Tuesday: Tacky Tourist
- Wednesday: Workout Wednesday
- Thursday: Twinning is Winning
- Friday: Funky Friday (mismatch outfits, fun colors, and crazy outfits)
King’s School’s 36th Annual Auction – Friday March 15, 2019
Join us for New Orleans Knights – a celebration of our amazing King’s community!
Many parent volunteers are needed to help orchestrate this incredible event. Join us at the Auction Kick Off Party on Thursday, September 27th at 1:30 in the Arbor Deli to learn all about how to get involved and join in the fun. There’s so many ways to support the auction – volunteer to help with auction registration or set up silent auction items, donate a bottle of wine or delicious dessert, or even go to our Amazon Wish List to purchase an auction item and have it sent right to King’s Schools. There is truly something for everyone, so please come have a snack and a cup of coffee, and learn how you can help make King’s Auction a big success!