Please contact Jin You at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Senior Comp Presentations
Two weeks ago, King’s High School hosted Mrs. Parnell’s fall semester students in their Senior Composition Presentations. Please watch the live stream recording of these amazing presentations and hear from our inspiring 12th graders as they pitch innovative ideas in student-identified areas of strength and opportunity for King’s Schools.
Access the Recordings at https://livestream.com/accounts/1336759/events/9471466
The topics include digital transformation, spiritual revival, mental health, empathy through sign language, and much more!
Gold Star Teacher: Marian Morris
Congratulations to our very own Mrs. Morris for being a recipient of W!se’s 2019-20 Gold Star Teacher Award! To earn the Gold Star Award, a teacher must have achieved a 93% passing rate on the W!se Financial Literacy Certification Test in at least one of their classes during the 2019-20 school year. This is an outstanding achievement and we are extremely proud of Mrs. Morris! Thank you for your dedication and commitment to our students and school!
- Junior College Counseling Meeting: Starting in December through March, all junior families are invited to make an appointment to discuss individual college plans. Please use this link to select a time to meet on Teams. https://signup.com/go/FTZcxgN
- Junior Family College Night #2 February 23rd at 7:00 p.m.: In this important session, parents and juniors will learn how to successfully navigate the college admission process. We will review application types, deadlines, and strategies for building a final college list. This will be a Zoom meeting and a link will be sent closer to the date. If you missed our college night in October here is a link to the recording: https://youtu.be/m4a48IukOjk
- Naviance Workshop: On January 6th and February 3rd I will be meeting with Mrs. Hostetler’s Bible classes to teach juniors how to create a resume, research colleges, and build a college list in Naviance. These dates cover both the first and second term and ensure that every junior receives the training.
- April/May College Planning Workshop: Juniors are invited to join a college planning workshop. We will meet for five sessions on Wednesday afternoons. The dates are April 14, 21, 28, and May 5 and 12 from 1:30 to 2:30 pm. This workshop will be low stress! It is designed to give you a better understanding of what will be expected on college applications. We will review application requirements, college deadlines, scholarship strategies, and college essay requirements. The goal is to help you to feel more confident. Please use this link to sign-up. https://signup.com/go/MkbhkFA
- Junior College Counseling Team: Please check our Team weekly to learn about interesting opportunities. For example, I recently posted college opportunities for virtual enrichment classes being offered for high school students. Check it out!
- Sophomore Family College Night February 18th at 7:00 p.m. Parents and sophomores will learn how to launch a college search and what to consider as they look ahead to the junior year. This will be a Zoom meeting and a link will be sent closer to the date.
- Sophomore College Counseling Meeting: Starting in March through May, sophomore families are invited to make an appointment to discuss individual college and academic plans. Please use this link to select a time to meet on Teams. https://signup.com/go/FepqADL
- Freshman Family College Night March 3rd at 7:00 p.m. This meeting will focus on academic and extracurricular planning for college. This will be a Zoom meeting and a link will be sent closer to the date.
Grades 9 – 11
Virtual College Fairs https://virtualcollegefairs.org/events: This is a great opportunity to meet with college admission representatives to learn more about their campus and programs.
- Revolution Prep is excited to offer our families a 3-night webinar series hosted by Peter Van Buskirk, a veteran of the selective college admission process with 35 years of experience — 12 of them as the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid at Franklin & Marshall College. Peter travels the country speaking to groups of students and parents to help families find student-centered solutions in college planning. His high-energy, interactive programs bring much-needed transparency into the selection process and provide students the tools to identify and be admitted to colleges that are the “best fit” for them. We hope you will join us for these exciting and informative events by registering here https://www.revolutionprep.com/webinars/