Please contact Jin You at email@example.com if you have any questions.
King’s Mock Trial
King’s sent two teams to the East King County district competition held online this past weekend. King’s Red, the varsity team, took 3rd place and has earned a bid to the state competition held virtually March 19 – 21. King’s White, the JV team had an outstanding performance. Please congratulate the entire team and the two students who won individual awards.
Best Witness went to senior, Victoria Smith
Best Attorney went to junior, Grace Echelbarger
- Junior College Counseling Meeting: Starting in December through March, all junior families are invited to make an appointment to discuss individual college plans. Please use this link to select a time to meet on Teams. https://signup.com/go/FTZcxgN
- Junior Family College Night #2 February 23rd at 7:00 p.m.: In this important session, parents and juniors will learn how to successfully navigate the college admission process. We will review application types, deadlines, and strategies for building a final college list. This will be a Zoom meeting and a link will be sent closer to the date. If you missed our college night in October here is a link to the recording: https://youtu.be/m4a48IukOjk
- April/May College Planning Workshop: Juniors are invited to join a college planning workshop. We will meet for five sessions on Wednesday afternoons. The dates are April 14, 21, 28, and May 5 and 12 from 1:30 to 2:30 pm. This workshop will be low-stress! It is designed to give you a better understanding of what will be expected on college applications. We will review application requirements, college deadlines, scholarship strategies, and college essay requirements. The goal is to help you to feel more confident. Please use this link to sign-up. https://signup.com/go/MkbhkFA
- Junior College Counseling Team: Please check our Team weekly to learn about interesting opportunities. For example, I recently posted college opportunities for virtual enrichment classes being offered for high school students. Check it out!
- Sophomore Family College Night February 18th at 7:00 p.m. Parents and sophomores will learn how to launch a college search and what to consider as they look ahead to the junior year. This will be a Zoom meeting and a link will be sent closer to the date.
- Sophomore College Counseling Meeting: Starting in March through May, sophomore families are invited to make an appointment to discuss individual college and academic plans. Please use this link to select a time to meet on Teams. https://signup.com/go/FepqADL
- Freshman Family College Night March 3rd at 7:00 p.m. This meeting will focus on academic and extracurricular planning for college. This will be a Zoom meeting and a link will be sent closer to the date.
Grades 9 – 11
Virtual College Fairs https://virtualcollegefairs.org/events: This is a great opportunity to meet with college admission representatives to learn more about their campus and programs.
- Revolution Prep is excited to offer our families a 3-night webinar series hosted by Peter Van Buskirk, a veteran of the selective college admission process with 35 years of experience — 12 of them as the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid at Franklin & Marshall College. Peter travels the country speaking to groups of students and parents to help families find student-centered solutions in college planning. His high-energy, interactive programs bring much-needed transparency into the selection process and provide students the tools to identify and be admitted to colleges that are the “best fit” for them. We hope you will join us for these exciting and informative events by registering here https://www.revolutionprep.com/webinars/